Lately, I’ve been wondering what gifts I give to my nieces. They are growing up right before my eyes and I feel like I need to give them something really special.
It turns out that they like jewelry, even the cheapest of sorts. They collect bracelets and necklace made from shells, beads, and stones. So I figured why not give them charms made from resin? I’m sure that they’ll go loco over them.
Cabochon jewelry pendant silicone mold
Cabochon jewelry matched earring silicone mold
Mixing cups, stir stix and gloves
- Measure and mix 15 ml of Artist Resin Part A and B. Combine the mixture properly for at least 3 minutes.
- Split the mixture amongst several cups. Drop Dispersion Color per each cup. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a toothpick, add dots of resin to the mold. Let cure for at least six hours.
- Mix another batch of Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin. Color with Counter Culture DIY Intense Color. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the new resin over the cured resin in the mold. Be creative in terms of what color to use and the intensity of the colors.
- Let cure for 24 hours.
- Demold the charms by twisting the mold.
- Add strings or hooks to create an earring, a pendant, or a bracelet.
The good thing about using the Cabochon jewelry silicone mold is that they cast with the whole in place, so you don’t need to drill after! Cool!