Connecting at Culture Con
Culture Con was more than we could have ever imagined. We went in to learn and meet fellow artists, but we didn’t know that we would each leave there with new skills, friendships, and drive to keep going in our businesses. In today’s episode, I will be talking to a few artists who attended our first Culture Con and how this experience inspired them in their art and businesses.
“I came home and unpacked more than just projects. I brought home new skills, friends, and the courage to keep going to keep creating. I kept telling other classmates and even myself, you never know unless you try, and I am ever so thankful that I did.” – Jackie Mortenson
Experiences shared in this compilation:
- Angela Bostek shares how she stepped out of her comfort zone (2:29)
- Unexpected hospitality from attendees (6:04)
- A spontaneous decision led to lifelong friendships with Thespoena McLaughlin (8:38)
- Our vision behind Culture Con (14:18)
- Meeting a local customer at the convention (18:19)
- Dubraska Hancock shares her experience with the classes and presenters (21:18)
- Shanita came with no expectations but left with plans (25:05)
- Karen Carroll shares her experience with meeting her art idol, Rick (34:04)
How did it inspire you in your business if you attended Culture Con? Were there any new skills you were glad you learned that you had never tried before? We would love to hear from you and look forward to planning for an even better event one day. If you have any questions or want to share your experience, please DM us on Instagram!
Don’t forget that this episode concludes Season 2, and we will be back in the fall for all-new episodes!
You can also follow us on:
Facebook community, Counter Culture DIY artists support group
Thanks for joining me today! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Spotify, give me a 5 star, and leave a review to help me reach even more artists. Don’t forget to follow us on your favorite podcasting platforms, and never miss an episode. Keep creating!