Just like any chemical used for cleaning, medication, makeup or even for art, you can have an allergic reaction to epoxy.  Epoxy is formulated with raw ingredients that have a chemical reaction when mixed so that curing can occur. This means that an epoxy allergy usually does not depend on the epoxy brand.  If you’re allergic to one epoxy, you are most likely allergic to all epoxy found on the market today.

Epoxy allergy symptoms come in various forms.  Most visible symptoms are skin inflammation, including redness and irritation, to varying degrees.  Swelling and blisters are also symptoms. However, a person who is allergic to epoxy may not know until the symptoms appear.  Some people will have visible signs immediately. For others, it may take a while for them to appear.

Regardless of whether the reactions occur immediately or not, people who are allergic to epoxy should stop using it to avoid further possible medical complications.

Whether you are allergic to epoxy or not, you should be careful when using it.  Many allergies can be caused by food and products that people enjoy. And we tend to use these products or eat that specific food thinking it would never cause us harm.  A good example would be peanuts. It is a known allergen for some people; however, most people consume peanuts without any issues. Peanuts are identified as non-toxic even though there’s a percentage of people who have problems with them.

To sum things up, if you find yourself having symptoms you believe are caused by epoxy, it is advisable to discontinue using the product and seek medical advice.