Coating your spray paint art with Artist Resin is a great way to preserve your artwork and give it a beautiful glossy finish suitable for display.
So, let’s get started.
- Artist Resin
- Cradled Wood Panel
- Finished Spray Paint Art
- Spray Sealer
- Your Preferred Adhesive
- Spray Paints
- Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin
- Nitrile gloves
- A Level
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing container
- Stir Sticks
- Finish your spray paint art and trim it to fit to the wood panel. Adhere your art to the wood panel using your preferred adhesive.
- Go to our Resin Calculator to determine how much Artist Resin you need.
- Wear your gloves, and accurately measure part A & part B into a mixing container. Mix for about three minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom and the sides of your container as you stir. Read our blog on How to Properly Mix Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin.
- Pour the Artist Resin at the center of your piece. Use a stir stick to spread it to the edges of the wood panel. Check out How to Pour and Spread Epoxy Resin.
- Use a torch to pop the bubbles. Read our blog What Torch Does Counter Culture Recommend and Why?
- Check to see if there are any particles which should not be in the resin and remove them using a toothpick.
- Cover your project and let it cure for 24 hours.
Your spray-painted art is now ready for display. If you plan to ship it, please wait 72 hours for the resin to fully cure.
Looking for other ways to use our Artist Resin? Use on the links below: