Coating your colored pencil art with Artist Resin is so easy! It will also help preserve your artwork and gives it a beautiful glossy finish suitable for display.
Let’s get started:
- Cradled Wood Panel
- Colored Pencil Drawing
- Spray sealer
- Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin
- Nitrile gloves
- A Level
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Container
- Stir Sticks
- Complete your colored pencil drawing. Trim it to fit your cradled wood panel.
- Seal your artwork using a spray sealant.
- Adhere it to the cradled wood panel with your preferred adhesive, let dry.
- Go to our Resin Calculator to determine how much Artist Resin you will need.
- Wear your gloves, and accurately measure part A & part B into a mixing container. Mix for about three minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom and the sides of your container as you stir. Read our blog on How to Properly Mix Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin.
- Pour the Artist Resin at the center of your piece. Use a stir stick to spread it to the edges of the wood panel. Check out How to Pour and Spread Epoxy Resin.
- Use a torch to pop the bubbles. Read our blog What Torch Does Counter Culture Recommend and Why?
- Check to see if there are any particles which should not be in the resin and remove them using a toothpick.
- Cover your project and let it cure for 24 hours.
Your colored pencil art is now ready for display. If you plan to ship it, please wait 72 hours for the resin to fully cure.
Looking for other ways to use our Artist Resin? Use on the links below: