Turn that boring wooden tray into something amazing! Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin makes your wooden tray a work of art with its beautiful colors and glass-like finish!
Doing this project is so easy!
Here are the steps:
- Measure an equal amount of resin and hardener. Try to pour them slowly into your mixing cup to prevent bubbles. Or, use a stirring stick to guide them as you pour on the cup.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes, until the resin becomes clear.
- Divide the resin into smaller portions, depending on how many colors you want to use.
- Drop your favorite dispersion color on each cup, then blend well using stirring stick. You can add more color depending on how bright or opaque you want it to be.
- Start to pour the colored resins one by one. Make sure that one resin is level before pouring another one. Use a spatula to guide the resin where it should go.
- Continue pouring resin to create the pattern that you like. At this stage, you need to use your imagination to produce a great design.
- Use heat gun to pop up the bubbles and create some cool effects!
- Let the resin cure. To prevent hair or any impurities to settle into the resin, use a cardboard box to cover your project.
- Add another layer of clear resin on top of the cured resin. This step will ensure that your project will have a glass-like finish. Use heat gun to pop any bubbles.
- Let the topcoat cure. When it does, you now have a pretty wooden tray!
Do you have an art project using any of our products that you want to share? Send it to us at email@example.com, and we can feature them here!