Making resin jewelry is such a fun and rewarding craft! Seeing your creations being worn by others is quite the honor. Today Brittany of Faith, Trust, and Glitter Dust is teaching us how to make resin door knocker earrings that are so beautiful! You’re going to love this simple yet fabulous project!
There are so many different styles and designs to try when making resin earrings. You could try a different design every day of the year and still have more to choose from. Brittany is a fabulous tumbler maker and jewelry artist who creates many beautiful earring sets. Today she is generously teaching us how to make resin door knocker earrings! This simple design only requires a few supplies to produce gorgeous results. If you are just getting your feet wet with making earrings, this is a great place to start!
How to Make Resin Door Knocker Earrings
Brittany started working with resin as a hobby to channel her creative side. Like many of you, she loves working with her hands and creating things that people love. Brittany has wanted to be an artist since she was a little girl but was told that it wasn’t a realistic dream. Thankfully for all of us, Brittany continued to create anyway! She has been able to fulfill her dream of being an artist while turning her hobby into a business. Brittany is also a military wife (thank you for your family’s dedication and sacrifices, Brittany!) so being able to work from home is a double blessing. She is able to do what she loves and provide for her family no matter where they are stationed.
The blues in the door knocker earrings that Brittany made are so beautiful! You can recreate these colors yourself or you can go with different shades. All you need is some glitter and Artist Resin and you’ll be on your way. Just beware, these little beauties can be addicting! Once you try one color combination you’ll start envisioning others that you want to see. You won’t want to stop! You can also use this method in different types of earring molds. That will open up a whole other can of worms. Like we said, this is a great project to try if you are just starting out with earrings. It’s also a great project if you’ve been making resin jewelry for awhile. This design is for everyone!
Brittany also gives us a bonus tutorial. She tells us how to make the door knocker earrings but also how to do a pair of studs. This combo makes the perfect set for people with more than one ear piercing. It also gives wearable options! One day you may feel like a nice dangle earring, the next may be more of a stud day. This set lets you decide! If you sell your items, this variety is great to offer to your customers too.
How to Make Resin Door Knocker Earrings
- Start by combining equal amounts of Part A and Part B of the Artist Resin. Then mix well to combine the two parts being sure to scrape the sides of the cup and your stir stick.
- Next, separate the combined resin into two different cups.
- Then add your light blue glitter to the one cup and the dark blue to the other and mix again.
- Next, pour the light blue combined resin into the top portions of the door knocker mold and the dark blue into the bottom portions. If you have leftover resin use it in a gemstone silicone mold to make a matching pair of stud earrings.
- Allow the resin to cure a bit (about half way) but before it sets completely add a metal stud to the top part of the earring molds and then allow them to finish curing. If you made stud earrings too, do this with that set as well.
- Once the earrings are completely cured, remove them from the mold and add a stainless steel O ring to connect the two parts of the earrings.
The Wrap Up…
And that’s it, friends. Art doesn’t need to be complicated to be beautiful! These door knocker earrings make a great addition to your artist tool box, your jewelry box, and product line up. They are also a great way to play around with glitter. It’s so fun to get all the color you need just from the glitter! If you want to see more of Brittany’s gorgeous creations you can find her on Facebook, Instagram, and her website. You can also join her private Facebook group!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest so you can stay on top of everything that’s new and never miss a blog post!
If you want more inspiration and information we have a Facebook group for that. Join us in Counter Culture DIY Artist Support where we, and other artists, offer ideas, answer questions, and support each other!
Do you have an art project using any of our products that you want to share? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can feature them here!