We are back with another fabulous earring tutorial for you! Tamara Simonson from Tamara’s Timeless Pearls is teaching us how to make Valentine’s Day lollipop earrings that are so adorable.
We can’t believe that it is almost February already! Since the holiday of love is quickly approaching we are excited for Tamara to show us how to make Valentine’s Day lollipop earrings. The process is fairly simple which makes it perfect for new resin artists or those who are just getting into jewelry making.
Not to leave out our experienced artists though! These earrings are going to be loved by any and all. All you need is a silicone mold (more on that later!), Artist Resin, and some pretty red glitter and you will be on your way. So grab your closest box of Valentine’s Day chocolates (tell me I am not the only one with a stock pile…) and let’s get crafting!
How to Make Valentine’s Day Lollipop Earrings
Making resin jewelry is not only fun but it is also rewarding. Knowing that the work of your heart will be proudly worn by someone else is a wonderful feeling! And it is so exciting to try out new molds and designs for your jewelry.
You can use gorgeous mica powders and pretty glitters to personalize your jewelry. You can also add preserved flowers or sprinkles. And can we just say, alcohol ink anyone? All the different materials and creative options make each artist’s creations uniquely beautiful!
Think of the many different versions you could make of these adorable Valentine’s Day lollipop earrings! Tamara used a beautiful deep red for her hearts but you could use any color or combination that makes you happy.
Making your Lollipop Earring Silicone Mold
We know that many of you are really into making your own silicone molds. Tamara is definitely on top mold making too. She used her Silhouette to design and create the base for making her own mold. Then she used our Counter Culture DIY Casting Silicone to make the mold itself.
Our Casting Silicone is easy to use. And, once you start making your own molds, you will never go back! Your design options become virtually endless when you are able to create your own molds. As they say, if you can dream it, you can achieve it!
Buying your Lollipop Earring Silicone Mold
We also know that there are many of you choose not to make your own molds. And that’s totally ok! We have a Fabulous selection of silicone molds. We have everything from jewelry, to coasters and geodes, with much more in between! And we update our selection with seasonal items all the time.
And Tamara offers some great mold designs at Tamara’s Timeless Pearls too. If you want to skip making the silicone mold for these adorable Valentine’s Day earrings Tamara has you covered! You can grab the mold she used here.
The great thing about silicone molds is that they are easily cleanable and can be used again and again. The cured resin releases from the silicone well. That makes demolding and clean up a breeze! Resin art is definitely an art of patience but anywhere we can save a few minutes is golden.
How to Make Valentine's Day Lollipop Earrings
- If making your own mold, the design for the earrings was created in Silhouette Studio to make a mold.
- Start by combining equal amounts of Parts A and B of the Counter Culture DIY Casting Silicone CS-200. Create the design for the housing to hold the earrings. Tamara cut her design & housing using a Glowforge. Assemble your earrings design and housing.
- Then Mix part A and B of your Casting Silicone CS-20 according to the package instructions.
- Pour your silicone on the earring holes first to make sure there are no voids or bubbles. Then fill the rest. After about 30 minutes, you should be able to carefully remove the silicone. Let it sit for 24 hours.
- Once your mold is ready you want to do a two part pour. Start by mixing equal amounts of your Artist Resin according to the package directions. Pour a small amount of combined resin into a small cup and add the white Armor Art, mixing well to combine.
- Tamara created a barrier using silicone stoppers and poured the stick portion of the lollipop with the white resin.
- Let the earrings cure for 24 hours then unmold them. Use an 8 mm jump ring to go through the heart holes. Then add earring wire on and close the jump ring.
The Final Touches
We want to say a big thank you to Tamara for sharing her Valentine’s Day lollipop earrings! You can see all the awesome molds she offers on her website. And you can follow her on Facebook on Instagram to see her newest creations. Tamara says, “Wear these little lollipop cuties any time of the year and always have fun creating something new.”
We couldn’t agree more! Creating new things is one of the best thing about resin art. We all have our favorite projects and designs but trying new methods and creations is always a great time!
You can find more awesome video tutorials like this one on our YouTube channel!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest so you can stay on top of everything that’s new and never miss a blog post!
If you want more inspiration and information we have a Facebook group for that. Join us in Counter Culture DIY Artist Support where we, and other artists, offer ideas, answer questions, and support each other!
Do you have an art project using any of our products that you want to share? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can feature them here!