Halloween is just around the corner, and you might be thinking how to make your lights perfect for the occasion.
The good news is Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin can turn your ordinary lights into a decoration that adds a spooky feel especially for kids. If you’ve been following our blogs, you already know that Artist Resin adds gloss and protection for your artwork. If you’re tired of watching your favorite works turning yellow over time, this epoxy resin is perfect for you.
Another plus for using our product is it is safe for home use, even with kids around (with adult supervision, of course). It has a non-toxic formula so you can get your kids involved while you do this. Isn’t it great to do fun stuff with them?
To make Halloween more colorful, check out our wide array of Intense Colors that work well with Artist Resin. When the Super Stains are mixed in epoxy you get a perfectly even color with no clumps or unmixed pigment. When using Intense Colors in epoxy with our White Metallic any color can be custom made by you. One 2 ounce bottle can color as much as several gallons of epoxy, depending on how saturated you want the color to be.
Going back, here are the steps in making spooky Halloween lights with Culture DIY Artist Resin:
- Use a silicone mold of skeleton skulls which you can find in a craft store or online.
- Cut the mold in half so it’s easier to use with the lights.
- Mix Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin in 1:1 ration. Thoroughly combine the resin and the hardener for at least 3 minutes, scraping the bottom and the sides of the container while mixing.
- Put some drops of Intense Colors to the resin and mix it once again.
- Pour enough resin in the silicone mold (avoid letting it overflow).
- Torch the skulls to remove the bubbles.
- Place the lights into the skulls. Use tape to keep them in place.
- Cover your artwork and wait for 24 hours.
The next day, your skull lights are ready. They will look perfectly cool in your locker at school or put them outside with pumpkins, or in brooms- anywhere you like.