A vinyl record coaster is an interesting decoration that you can use for parties and events. Today, we will talk about how to make them using Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin. Here are simple steps to make vinyl record coaster:
- Start with Counter Culture DIY wood circle 6” as a base. Prime it with black acrylic paint to make it look like a record.
- Search online for images of old 45 records of your favorite songs and artists. Print them on photo paper or cardstock. Make sure the label part of your image is about 3” in diameter. Cut out the label.
- Use a permanent black marker around the edges of the paper. You need to do this so that when you lay it on the black base, your edges won’t be as noticeable.
- Use an adhesive like Mod Podge to adhere your label at the center of your wood circle. Let it dry.
- Once the glue is dry, finish off your project by doming it with resin. Preparing the resin is very easy. Just combine equal parts of Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin. Mix it for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the resin slowly onto the wood circle. Guide the resin to, but not over the edge by tilting the disc slowly from side to side. Or use a craft stick to spread the resin. Once the disc is evenly coated, check for bubbles. If you see bubbles, use your torch to eliminate them.
- Don’t forget to cover your work. Let it cure overnight.