Eeeek! Fall tumblers are some of our absolute favorites around here. So we are really excited to bring you another fabulous one today. Heather from Countryside Tumblers is teaching us how to make a pumpkin spice tumbler and topper. Heather is really bringing the fall feels with this beautiful set!
We know that there are a lot of pumpkin spice fans out there! And even if you aren’t much of a fan yourself, chances are that some of your customers are. Whether you make it for yourself or someone else, this set is absolutely adorable! We are so grateful to Heather for teaching us how to make a pumpkin spice tumbler and topper.
This set is a great way to welcome fall back to our land and to look super cute doing it! And the supply list may surprise you. It is actually pretty short for such a detailed design. We hope that you have fun with this great fall tumbler design and end up loving it as much as we do!
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Tumbler and Topper
In recent years, the words “pumpkin spice” have become synonymous with fall. As soon as September hits you will find it on shirts, signs, recipes, memes… Sometimes you’ll even see it on and in cups! If you are looking for a new design to add to your fall line up, this could be just the one for you!
A Few Notes about the Topper
Heather shared some more helpful info about her topper and we wanted to pass it on. Here’s what she had to say:
“Some people like to epoxy over their toppers but I chose not to on this one because I really liked how natural the matte finish looked for the topper. The cinnamon sticks will not mold over time (cinnamon sticks are made from tree bark) so with proper maintenance they will be fine! These toppers can also be made into removable toppers as well!”
If you have never made a removable topper before, check out our post Making Summer Straw and Lid Toppers. It gives a great example of how to make one! Removable toppers are awesome because sometimes you want to show them off and sometimes you don’t. It can also be fun to swap them out! A margarita topper may not work so well with this tumbler but a marshmallow one might!
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Tumbler and Topper
- Start by prepping your cup and allow paint to fully dry. Once dry, apply a very thin layerof Fast Set Epoxy over the entire cup and apply "Pumpkin Spice"glitter OR "Uluru" glitter over the entire cup. Let the epoxycure.
- Start by prepping your cup and applying the White Prime Time. Allow your cup to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Combine a batch of Fast Set according to the package instructions and apply a layer to the entire tumbler. Quickly apply your Uluru glitter over the whole cup and then let the epoxy cure.
- After your epoxy has completely cured, apply a layer of Quick Coat and then let it dry.
- Next, apply another layer of Fast Set making sure to cover the entire cup well.
- Meanwhile, print your label onto your water slide paper. Heather chose the dimensions 3 inches wide x 3 3/4 inches tall.
- Two hours after you applied the Fast Set, apply your sealed and cut out waterslide to your project, making sure to get all the water out from under your waterslide. This will prevent any air bubbles.
- Finally, apply1-2 coats of Artist Resin epoxy as needed once the waterslide is completely dry to ensure there is no lifting. Make sure the entire cup is coated well.
Pumpkin Spice Tumbler Topper
- Start off by making sure your topper is completely clean. Heather washes and completely dries hers with regular dish soap and water. Then take off the sliding piece where the straw goes so it does not get in the way.
- Take one cinnamon stick from your container and cut it carefully in half with a knife. Set this aside.
- Take the tip of your disposable piping bag and cut just enough of the tip off the baggie to insert your piping tip into it without it popping out. Cut small amounts off at a time if this is your first time playing around with a piping bag and tip, you can always cut more off but cannot add more back on! Once the piping tip is secured into the bag, place it into a larger cup and hang the bag over the edges of the cup. This will make it so much easier to scoop the mixture into your bag with only one set of hands later. Heather says to trust her on this!!
- Next, follow the instructions on the Culture Sculpt to make a batch. Add just a little bit of the White Snow Dispersion Color and work it in. Once it is well combined add it into your piping bag to make your whipped topping.
- Once the mixture is in the bag, push all the air out of the bag as you work the mixture down to the tip. Just like with regular icing, this helps reduce air bubbles when you’re piping. Then take your lid, and start first by going around the whole lid once (leaving your straw hole open). Then start piping the whipped cream up and stacking it on top of each other until you get to the height you like. There is no right or wrong way. Just go until you’re happy with it! If your tip gets clogged, grab your toothpick and jam it in the tip to unclog it and keep pushing along.
- Once you have the height you want and are happy with your topping, grab your cinnamon stick you cut in half and carefully insert them into your whipped topping. Dust cinnamon powder over the top and allow the topper to cure completely.
The Wrap Up…
There is something so warm and fuzzy about fall themed tumblers. They make you think of a cozy sweater and a warm drink on a cool night. This pumpkin spice tumbler and topper are so adorable and we want to say thank you to Heather for sharing her design with all of us. If you want to see more of Heather’s Fabulous work you can follow her on Facebook and Instagram!
You can find awesome video tutorials like this one on our YouTube channel!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest so you can stay on top of everything that’s new and never miss a blog post!
If you want more inspiration and information we have a Facebook group for that. Join us in Counter Culture DIY Artist Support where we, and other artists, offer ideas, answer questions, and support each other!
Do you have an art project using any of our products that you want to share? Send it to us at email@example.com, and we can feature them here!