Tumbler Tips: What You Need to Know
Tumbler Tips: What You Need to Know

Tumbler Tips: What You Need to Know

First of all, let me tell you that I’m not a tumbler professional. What I’m going to teach you are results of some failed test runs. I did a lot of research and watched many videos before I finally gotten myself into the groove. 

Today I want to share with you important tips before we make the project. These pointers really helped me a lot. I never knew about them initially, maybe that’s why I messed up on my first attempts. Here are some of my tips:

  •   Have your own working area. If you have a free space in your garage or somewhere else, that’s fine. However, you need to make sure that the room is well-ventilated. You need to let the air in but not a lot of sunlight. A warmer room helps in curing the resin perfectly.
  •   Paint the surface of the tumbler with white or the same color as the glitter that you are going to use. This is to make sure that even if you miss putting glitters in some spots, it will not be that noticeable. 
  •   Read and follow all the instructions, especially in preparing and applying the resin. This part is very crucial. Do not assume that you already know how to properly mix the resin just by watching video tutorials. Know how much of Part A and B you need for the project. Sometimes, the resin that you buy comes with its own resin calculator to help you determine the volume. Measure the resin properly using graduated measuring cups.
  •   After measuring Part A and B on a separate cup, pour them together in one container. Use a stirrer to mix them properly, scrape off the bottom and sides to fully incorporate both liquids. Mix the resin for at least 3 minutes.
  •   Use only the best product for your craft. Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin and glitter are the best so far.
  •   Use a clear spray sealer to seal the glitter before adding epoxy. This step is important so that the glitter will not spread out and mixed up with other colors as you apply the resin. 
  •   If you want medium glitter, apply a thin coat of resin and let it cure completely. Then sand with medium grain sandpaper, finish off with fine sandpaper, wash with water, before applying a second layer of resin.

If you’ll follow my tips here, your tumbler project will be 90% successful. For the remaining 10%? Well, that’s where the test and fail experience comes in. 


Share this post

Comments are closed.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.