Do you wish to make your flowers from Valentine’s Day last forever? Do you want to encapsulate your treasured moments by preserving your flowers? The solution? Dried flowers in resin.
This project is so easy. Let’s get started!
Here are the things that you will need:
- Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin, for that shiny, glass-like finish!
- Dried flowers. You can buy them online, or air dry fresh flowers for 1-2 weeks.
- A mold to fit your needs
- Sand Paper
- Polishing Compound
- Polishing liquid
- Make sure your mold is level and stable.
- Start arranging dried flowers, leaves, stones, and other embellishment inside the mold. You can use hot glue to keep the materials in place.
- Prepare the resin. Pour 1:1 ratio of Parts A and B in a mixing cup. Mix the two parts for about 3 minutes. If you want to add a little color to the resin, you can do that as well.
- Pour the resin gently unto the mold. Cover your project and let it cure for 24 hours.
- Remove your piece from the mold.
- At this point, you will have some rough spots. To smooth them. use wet/dry sandpaper sand paper graduating from about 400-1500 grit. Pay attention to the edges.
- Apply some polishing compound onto surface. Using a clean cloth, scrub the compound where you’ve sanded. Do this until it becomes transparent, then buff with a microfiber cloth until you get the desired shine.
Now, you have your favorite flower suspended in clear resin!
Do you have an art project using any of our products that you want to share? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can feature them here!