Doing an ombré glitter effect on your tumbler is easier than you think. The most important thing is to get a nice, smooth transition between your colors.
Let’s get started. Make sure your tumbler is clean and prepped. Put tape on the lower and upper rim of the cup if needed.
Apply your preferred adhesive.
Now use two different colors of glitter, Very Cherry and Gold Rush, both can be found on the Counter Culture DIY website.
Here are the steps on how to make ombré glitter tumbler:
- Position your cup in your hand and make it parallel to your working surface.
- Put a clean sheet of paper underneath to catch loose glitter.
- Sprinkle Gold Rush along the bottom portion of your tumbler.
- Tilt your tumbler at about 45° angle with the bottom of the tumbler tilted up. Sprinkle some more glitter. The angle will encourage the glitter to fall further down the surface.
- Put the extra glitter in a container and save it for the later.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 This time, working on the top portion of the tumbler using Very Cherry.
- Pick up the sheet of paper and put the extra glitter into the same container with your first color of glitter and mix them together.
- Sprinkle the container of mixed glitter onto the middle of the tumbler, filling in all the bare spots. This step will create a nearly perfect blend between the two colors of glitter on your tumbler.
- If you don’t like how it’s blended, you can apply more adhesive and repeat the process. Usually, the second layer of glitter blends better because it already has a base layer.
So, that’s how you glitter an ombré tumbler. It should be ready for Artist Resin once the adhesive is completely dry.