HOW TO USE
This product kit includes (1) 32 oz Fast Set Part A and (1) 32 oz Fast Set Part B Hardener equaling a 1/2 gallon kit.
Surface Preparation: All areas must be dry and dust free. Remove all silicone or oil residues before resin application. It’s recommended to use our “No More Dimples” Art Primer or Quick Coat on surfaces that might resist resin.
Application and Mixing Instructions: Artwork and epoxy must be between 70-75°F (21-24°C). Humidity must be under 60%.
Thoroughly mix equal parts of Resin Part A with Hardener Part B in a clean, dust free container with a wooden paint stir stick or low speed mixer. Stir for 1-3 minutes, continuously scraping the sides and bottom of the mixing container. Transfer entire contents into a second container and mix for an additional 1-2 minutes. Pour immediately onto your artwork, leaving a small amount in the container for edges. Spread epoxy evenly over your surface. After applying, bubbles will appear. Use a propane torch held 6 inches from the surface and sweep rapidly across entire surface until bubbles disappear. Process may need to be repeated if additional bubbles appear. This will leave a glass-like finish . For best curing results, room temperature should be between 70-75°F (24-29°C). Cured to the touch in 2 hours, complete cure in 24 hours.
**We recommend you mix small amounts and use a wider mixing cup. The more you mix and the deeper your mix is…the sooner the curing process will start. Although Fast Set contains UV inhibitors, the nature of any fast curing epoxy is to amber faster than an epoxy that cures normally. Use your own discretion when using it on light colors. It also has a stronger smell. For these reasons we recommend you finish your cup with a layer of Artist Resin.
Emergency and First Aide Procedures: Avoid skin contact. Wear gloves when handling. If skin contact occurs, wash immediately with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. Eye protection is recommended. If eye contact occurs, flush with large quantities of water. If hardener or mixed resin and hardener is swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Dilute by giving water or milk to drink. If resin only is ingested, induce vomiting. Always get immediate medical attention if swallowed. Keep out of the reach of children.
*Not recommended for molds.*