Tired of staring at your boring tumblers? Or you want to create a personalized glitter tumbler as a gift?
Don’t worry, creating glitter tumblers is easy. Here is the step-by-step to have your own glitter tumbler: (Note: Estimated time working: 30 mins. Additional time for curing: 10 hours)
What you need:
Stainless Steel Tumbler
Electrical or Painter’s Tape
Rubber gloves, stir sticks, plastic cups
- Wash tumbler with soap and water. Dry it with a clean cloth. Make sure it’s dry before you go to step #2.
- Apply tape on top and bottom edges.
- Spray paint with your favorite color if you want to.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge glue on the surface. Make sure that all sides are coated.
- Sprinkle glitters on the tumbler while the glue is still fresh. Turn the tumbler slowly to ensure that all surface is covered with glitters. Tap bottom to remove excess glitter. (Use a plate while doing this step to catch the glitters which you can use later on).
- Remove tape. Let dry overnight.
- Time to resin. Tape bottom and top edges again. Mix equal parts of Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin Part A and Part B in a cup. Mix the solution slowly.
- Set the tumbler on a hand turner. Apply epoxy from top to bottom while you rotate it slowly. Make sure all parts are evenly coated with Artist Resin. Remove tape before the resin hardens (don’t forget this part!)
- Fine bubbles will pop out on their own. For stubborn bubbles, use a handheld torch to pop them out.
Let it cure overnight. You can put it inside a box to prevent dust from setting in. The next day, your tumbler is ready to use!
Our artists notice that Counter Culture DIY Artist Resin adheres properly under warm temperature. It is a good habit to let Part A of the resin near a space heater before mixing it with the hardener. Mixing the resin solution slowly for at least 3 minutes minimizes the bubbles.